Rich,delightful,sinful,smooth and irresistible.There’s something magical about chocolates!Well, that’s the theme of our blog hop for February!
How would you describe a rich, tantalizing,sublime chocolaty delight that’s extremely simple and delicious?I would call it Chocolate Decadence!Yeah, its exactly as the name suggests. It has a great melt-in-your-mouth chocolate goodness,worthy of any occasion.Its one of those simple, pretenseless desserts that will surprise you with its richness.
There are some pretty good reasons to make these:
- They’re low-fat!
- They don’t require a mixer!(yoo hoo)
- They’re made from staple pantry ingredients, so no need to go shopping for anything extra!(that’s a time saver isn’t it?)
- They’re so versatile that you can serve them as an elegant dessert for a party or just as a cozy treat!(what more can you ask for?)
The second time I made these, I left them a little longer (got busy with something..lol),result being, they were a little crusty at the top, as you can tell by my pics :).They inverted beautifully, but were a bit chewy!So folks, the key is to bake these for exactly 20 minutes for that perfect texture!They’re best served warm and heat-up nicely.You can get creative with these cuties and serve them with some vanilla ice cream, whipped topping or nuts etc etc..
Source-Cooking Light via My Recipes
Print this Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat 4 (2-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray, and sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon sugar into each of the ramekins, shaking and turning to coat. Set prepared ramekins aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, milk, and cocoa in a small saucepan, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add the butter and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Cool chocolate mixture 10 minutes.
- Add flour, vanilla, salt, and egg white to chocolate mixture, stirring with a whisk just until blended. Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each prepared ramekin, and top each with 2 teaspoons chocolate chips. Divide the remaining chocolate mixture evenly among ramekins, spreading to cover the chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until barely set. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm.
- There you have it, three different ways of serving this dessert!
ASTIG Vegan ~ Richgail ~ @astigvegan
Badger Girl Learns to Cook ~ Kimberly ~ @BdgrGrl
Baker Street ~ Anuradha ~ @bakerstreet29
Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves ~ Becky Higgins
Baking Extravaganza ~ Samantha
BigFatBaker ~ Erin ~ @BigFatBaker
Bon a croquer ~ Valerie ~ @Valouth
CafeTerraBlog ~ Terra ~ @CafeTerraBlog
Cake Duchess ~ Lora ~ @cakeduchess
Cakeballs, Cookies and More ~ Sue
Cooking with Books ~ Marnely ~ @nella22
Creative Cooking Corner ~ Karriann ~ @KarriannGraf
Easily Good Eats ~ Three Cookies
Elephant Eats ~ Amy
Georgiecakes ~ Georgie ~ @georgiecakes
Hobby And More ~ Richa ~ @betit19
Java Cupcake ~ Betsy ~ @JavaCupcake
Kitchen Belleicious ~ Jessica ~ @kbelleicious
Mike’s Baking ~ Mike ~ @mikesbaking
Mis Pensamientos ~ Junia ~ @juniakk
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies ~ TR ~ @TRCrumbley
Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose
Preheat the Oven ~ Jason ~ @officialchefjae
Rico sin Azucar ~ Helena ~ @ricosinazucar
Savoring Every Bite ~ Linda ~ @Spicegirlfla
Simply Reem ~ Reem ~ @simplyreem
Smart Food and Fit ~ Lisa ~ @LisaNutrition
Soni’s Food for Thought ~ Soni ~ @sonisfood
Sprint 2 the Table ~ Laura ~ @Sprint2theTable
Teaspoon of Spice ~ Deanna ~ @tspbasil
That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Liz ~ @Thatskinnychick
The Dusty Baker ~ Jacqueline ~ @dustybakergal
The More Than Occasional Baker ~ Ros ~ @bakingaddict
The Spicy RD ~ EA ~ @thespicyrd
The Wimpy Vegetarian ~ Susan ~ @wimpyvegetarian
Vegan Yack Attack! ~ Jackie ~ @veganyackattack
Vegetarian Mamma ~ Cindy ~ @VegetarianMamma
You Made That? ~ Suzanne ~ @YouMadeThatblog