Welcome to my new revamped site!What do you think?
The perfect way to get started then would be to make something fresh and vibrant.Our folks at Sunday Supper gave me the perfect opportunity in the form of a Tropical Foods Sunday Supper!
Warmth of the sun,
palm trees, palmy breeze,
foods to cool you off,
soft fabrics that tease your skin,
sipping your favorite ice-cold drink…
You in the tropics yet?
I recently had lunch at this lovely restaurant and ordered a Tofu dish that was simple yet so fresh and flavorful.Sometimes less is more and it takes just a few little ingredients to create an amazing dish to let the flavors shine through.And that’s what inspired me to try this dish I have for you today.Its a Coconut Crusted Tofu topped with a spicy mango and cucumber mix.It’s an easy appetizer dish that takes just minutes to make.The topping is similar to a salsa and you can get creative with flavors that work for you.Its a dish that’s visibly appealing and sure to impress your guests.
I’ve dressed the mango and cucumber with just a little brown sugar,lime juice,salt and pepper. Jalapeños are essential for some heat and so is the cayenne pepper.The sweet and tangy flavors work well with the crispy golden coconut on the tofu and its an explosion of pure tropical flavors.Even if you haven’t planned a trip to the tropics, this dish will transport you momentarily!Enjoy.
This Sunday Supper is brought to you by our two lovely hosts Cindy Kerschner of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings and Marlene Baird of Nosh My Way.Scroll down for some food and wine pairing ideas for a tropical getaway!
Tidbits and Pupus
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni’s Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish – Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma’s Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Coconut Mounds Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.