Strawberries are great any time of the year and are my favorite fruit. I can’t get enough of the deliciously sweet strawberries that are available all summer long. The vibrant red color can light up any gloomy day and every bite of the ripe juicy strawberries satiates like none other. Come winter and although you may still find strawberries in the stores, they’re not the same. Solution? Florida Strawberries that are available December through April and are every bit the plump, red, ripe, juicy strawberries that you find in the summer! Today is Valentine’s Day and what better way to celebrate than with some mouth-watering Strawberry recipes that you can make for your loved ones. I’m excited to be partnering with Florida Strawberries, for our Valentine’s Day event!
While we might tend to go overboard with our treats for Valentine’s Day, it’s always a good idea to plan a healthy yet indulgent menu so as to not regret it later! Keeping this is in mind our event is showcasing ‘Healthy and Nutritious Valentine’s Day recipes’ that you can enjoy without guilt. Did you know that just eight medium strawberries contain more Vitamin C than one orange? They’re also packed with fiber and anti-oxidants. Enjoy them while you can!
My Balsamic Strawberry Walnut Pizza has some amazing flavors going on with the fresh mozzarella and basil but the star of the show have to be the balsamic strawberries. The strawberries are cooked in a sweet balsamic reduction to soak the delicious flavors before being added on to the pizza. I’m crazy about strawberries with Balsamic vinegar. It adds another dimension to the flavors. I’ve used regular store-bought whole wheat pizza dough that also makes this a fiber filled meal. The walnuts add some crunch and every bite of the pizza is alluring with the lovely sweet and tart combination working beautifully. It’s an elegant meal that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds and also looks pretty on the table. Enjoy!
See what our other Sunday Supper tastemakers have come up with for this event!
- Sparkling Strawberry Sangria from Family Foodie
- Strawberry-Basil Spritzer from Eat Picks
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie from Flour On My Face
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from Love and Confections
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake from Ruffles & Truffles
- Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Banana Hazelnut Crepes from The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Coffee Cake with Greek Yogurt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweetheart Strawberry Scones from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Basil, Brie and Strawberry Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chef Salad with Strawberry Croutons from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herbed Strawberry Salad from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Waldorf Salad from Food Done Light
- Balsamic Strawberry Walnut Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil from Soni’s Food
- Mahi Mahi with Strawberry Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Mole Chicken from Curious Cuisiniere
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Flourless Almond Cake with Strawberries and Coconut Cream from Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Cannoli from Palatable Pastime
- Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Plus: Nutritious Fresh Strawberry Recipes plus Strawberry Almond Milk from Sunday Supper Movement
If you’d like more strawberry-inspired recipes, you can visit the Strawberry Sue Website for both sweet and savory dishes.GET SOCIAL with Florida Strawberry
GET SOCIAL with Strawberry Sue
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Florida Strawberry Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.