Green Garbanzo Hummus #SundaySupper

So my obsession with Green Garbanzo continues with my second recipe and this time I’ve made a delicious Hummus!!All it needs is a few minutes in the microwave and its ready to be used. l love the texture and the lovely green color that just brightens up your party platter!It even ties with our spring theme this #SundaySupper!

green garbanzo hummus

I’ve combined these with garlic and some EVOO and you just can’t beat the flavors!The Garbanzos are a little dry and need some water to help puree them but the result is fantastic!It takes minutes to make and is the perfect alternative to the traditional humus and more healthier since its full of vitamins and fiber!Serve it with pita or tortilla chips and you have one easy appetizer dip that’s different and so tasty :)

green garbanzo hummus1

Green Garbanzo Hummus

Ingredients

• Frozen Green Garbanzo Beans-1 cup
  • Garlic-2 cloves
  • Tahini Paste-1 1/2 tbsp
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil-2 tbsp
  • Water- 1/2 cup and more if required
  • Salt-to taste
  • Lemon Juice-2 tbsp

Instructions

1. In a microwave safe bowl steam the garbanzos for 2 minutes.
  2. In a food processor mix all the ingredients including the garbanzos and process together.Add more water if required little by little until you reach the desired consistency.Check the seasonings.
  3. Serve it with pita or chips!

Our host today is the lovely Amber Poole from Mama’s Blissful Bites and the recipes lined-up for you today is sure going to give you some great ideas for a spring menu!

Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:

Breakfast

Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:

Main and Sides:

Desserts:

Beverages:

Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite Springtime recipes!

All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat!

If you enjoyed this article,why not sign up to get email updates (It’s Free)!

Comments

1. Carole says

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to dishes using peas and/or green beans. I do hope you link this in. This is the link . Please do check out some of the other links – there are some good ones already. Cheers

2. says

I made hummus too this weekend- avocado and cannelloni beans it turned out delicious. I have never worked with green garbanzo beans, thanks for new ideas and tips for adding water-I sometimes to add couple drops warm water and it makes final result fluffier

3. Diana @GourmetDrizzles says

Wow, this looks so good… thinking it would make the perfect lunch today! I love your unique twist on one of my favorite foods. Thanks for posting!! ;-)

4. says

Your hummus is a celebration of springtime in an appetizer, Soni! Love that it is actually good for you…and a great way to sneak in protein into the diets of family members who are strictly vegetarian. Thanks so much =)

5. says

Soni, I love this take on the traditional hummus. I’ve been wanting to make my own hummus for the longest time but can’t find any dried chickpeas (everyone online says making it with dried is better than the canned stuff so I’ve stayed away from the cans). I should just make your garbanzo version instead! Your photos are beautiful – I love that pop of green.
    Nancy @ gottagetbaked recently posted..Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake for #SundaySupper Spring RecipesMy Profile

• Soni says

Thanks Susan!It tastes just like a regular chickpea hummus although its a bit more dry hence requires more liquid to puree!Its more healthier and prettier though :)

6. says

Um…Yum! We eat a lot of hummus, and I will be giving this recipe a whirl today in my Vitamix! Family coming for lunch-and your green spring hummus will be a hit! Thanks!

Trackbacks