Appetizers for me are the star of any party.They’re fun to cook ,bake or grill.The small bites are perfect for munching while you’re engaged in a conversation or enjoying your favorite drink.You could bring the flavors from around the world in your appetizers and get creative.As a result,I place special emphasis on my appetizers when I’m entertaining and they’re always a hit with my guests. I could easily skip the main course and just enjoy the appetizers and desserts any day.
I was really excited when Gourmet Garden asked me to create an Easy Holiday Entertaining recipe featuring their herbs and spices.My mind went straight to creating an amazing appetizer.As soon as I spotted the lemongrass,I knew I was going to make a Thai Style Appetizer using their ginger,garlic,lemongrass,basil and cilantro.The ease of the tubes was just what I needed and the marinade was ready in no time!
I chose Monkfish since it holds well under the grill and is quite meaty.I let it marinade for 5-6 hours in the fridge and grill on low for about 8 minutes on each side.The flavors are amazing and it is a great recipe for a crowd not to mention insanely delicious!I loved the flavors of the lemongrass coming through and the spices add their own magic.Its now one of my favorites and I cannot wait to try the same marinade with chicken or even Tofu!
Gourmet Garden sell a wide range of herbs and spices including Basil, Cilantro, Chili Pepper, Dill, Garlic, Ginger, Italian Herbs, Lemon Grass, Parsley and Oregano and can be found in the fresh produce section (next to the fresh herbs) of your local supermarket.They typically last for up to 3 months in the fridge.They are used like fresh herbs in a one-to-one ratio, but can be used in place of dried typically in a 2 to 1 ratio (2 tbsp GG Ginger equals 1 tbsp dried ginger).
I think they’re great for entertaining since the prep work is already done for you and they’re such a time saver.
For more ideas using Gourmet Garden herbs and spices check out these amazing recipes by our Sunday Supper group!
- Lemongrass Ginger Pancakes for a Holiday Brunch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttery Herb Pull-Apart Rolls by girlichef
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Thai Style Grilled Monkfish Appetizer by Soni’s Food
- Green Goddess Dip by Juanita’s Cocina
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs by Alida’s Kitchen
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato on Crostini by Supper for a Steal
- Prosciutto, Gruyere and Basil Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thai-style Mussels by kimchi MOM
- Crispy Prosciutto Garlic Potato Soup by Family Foodie
- Carnita Style Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Garlic Mayo by The Dinner-Mom
- Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry- Two Ways! by Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach, Chili, and Walnuts by Healthy. Delicious.
- Herb and Garlic Clam Linguini by Noshing With The Nolands
- Quick Winter Marinara by The Messy Baker
- Italian Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Foxes Love Lemons
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
You can Pin these recipes from our Easy Holiday Entertaining Pinterest Board and sign-up to receive Gourmet Garden Newsletter and download a coupon on their website Gourmet Garden . Follow Gourmet Garden on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclaimer-This post is sponsored by Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices. All opinions are my own.