Cooking with wine is a great idea to enhance the flavor pattern of any dish.It adds that extra zing in your recipes and makes them super delicious.My excitement knew no bounds when Gallo Family Vineyards sent me their amazing Hearty Burgundy to mark its 50th Birthday Celebration.To commemorate this milestone Gallo Family Vineyards has produced a limited edition “Hearty Burgundy” which has a celebratory 50th Anniversary Label and a throwback wine blended to match as closely possible to the original Hearty Burgundy blend.What an honor to be asked to create something to mark this special occasion. Thankyou Gallo Family Vineyards.
Hearty Burgundy has been around for 50 years now.Being at the epicenter of “wine boom” in the early 70’s it has created a special place in the family tables around America and has been called “the best wine in the country” by the noted Wine Critic Robert Blazer.
Flavor wise, it combines mouth watering richness with flavors ranging from dark berry to red plum.With its well balanced fruit and subtle hints of oak,this medium bodied,dry wine pairs well with bold and layered flavors of chili,Italian meat sauce and grilled sausages.Its by far my favorite!
Its also the perfect wine for entertaining.Which brings us to my recipe.Since it combines well with Sausages,I’ve tried to recreate one of my favorite dish Bangers and Mash with a twist.It took me back to the time I spent in the UK.Pub lunches was a norm every weekend and I couldn’t wait to dig in to my favorite grilled sausages served on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes along with some gravy.The twist is the addition of this amazing Hearty Burgundy to make a sauce along with some garlic and mushrooms.I used hot Italian sausage that has garlic, fennel and chili flakes and the flavors combine beautifully.Its great for a crowd, since you can make your sauce and mashed potatoes ahead of time.Just grill your sausages and add them into the sauce to combine.Its comforting, its super easy and extremely delicious!
No gathering is complete without a good wine and Hearty Burgundy makes every gathering special, since its these enjoyable moments with our loved ones that we cherish for years to come.So,the next time you entertain, try opening a “Hearty Burgundy” and create everlasting memories.
For more information you can check out Gallo Family Wineyard’s website, or connect with them on Twitter or Facebook.You can use their Store locator to find your nearest store to purchase your favorite wine.
Scroll down to see what recipes our Sunday Supper contributors have come up with using ‘Hearty Burgundy!
- Fruity Burgundy Sangria by Shockingly Delicious
- Beef Burgundy in Puff Pastry by Webicurean
- Beef Burgundy Pasta by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Burgundy Mushroom Sauce over Beef by The Dinner-Mom
- Classic Coq au Vin by Foxes Love Lemons
- Cornish Beef Pasty with Burgundy Gravy by Neighborfood
- Hearty Burgundy and Chocolate Chili by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Hearty Burgundy Beef Stew by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Majestic Burgundy Mushrooms & Cookie Cups with Burgundy Cream by NinjaBaking.com
- Mushroom Bolognese Kale Lasagna by Alida’s Kitchen
- Oeufs en Meurette by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pollo Alla Cacciatorra (Hunter-Style Chicken) by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Polenta by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Roasted Salmon with Burgundy-Balsamic Glaze by girlichef
- Sausage & Mushroom Ragu by The Messy Baker
- Sausages in Burgundy Sauce with Mushrooms by Soni’s Food
- Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle by Hip Foodie Mom
- Slow Cooker Hearty Burgundy Wine Pork Roast by Family Foodie
- Berry Burgundy Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Red Wine Cherry Chocolate Bars by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure:This post is sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards but all opinions are my own.