Labor Day weekend is here and its the last long weekend of the summer.So enjoy it to the full before you’re swamped with work,kids’ activities,school, homework etc etc.The idea is to not tire yourself,so try and go easy on those complicated recipes if you’re entertaining.And if you’re lost for ideas then fret not since our Sunday Supper has some amazing No Labor recipes lined up for you!
My contribution is a delectable appetizer that’s also pretty versatile and you might want to make a bigger batch.My Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups are full of some very unique flavors from the fennel, nigella, cumin, fenugreek and mustard seeds that come together in the form of Panch Phoran also called Indian Five Spice.You can assemble them yourself or find them at your local Indian grocers where they come pre-made.Easy.
The chutney is a staple family recipe that Mom has been making for years.I’ve added the cayenne for some kick.The sweet juicy peaches combined with the distinctive flavors from the seeds is the perfect balance of the sweet and salty and the redolence is unbelievable.Once it’s chilled its ready to be smeared on your toast,served alongside a good roasted pork or chicken, served as a dip with crackers or as a topping on a cheese crostini.The possibilities are endless.
The pastry cups are a real blessing saving time and effort and give you the freedom to get creative.The combination of the cream cheese and chutney works together in this cute little appetizer bites that’s bound to get your guests raving!That’s what I call a No Labor Recipe!Enjoy.
See what our Sunday Supper tastemakers have come up with for our No Labor Recipes event:
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Grilled Rosemary Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Eiskaffee by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthy Grab’n’Go Breakfast Muffins by Happy Baking Days
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Labor Free Labor Day:
- 10 Store-Bought Cooking Shortcuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtagand remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out ourPinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.