“Holidays are here
to bring us some cheer
with fun and laughter,
with Family and friends,
and memories that last,
happily ever after”
Aren’t holidays just that? Good times spent together with those we love. These past couple of months have been rather busy with the start of the holiday season and that means lots of gatherings. And it continues until the end of the year and we can’t seem to get enough of all the fun we’re having. Our Christmas tree is all decked up and I’m looking forward to some quality family time over the kids’ winter break.
I’m sure many of you would be traveling to be your family for the holidays. Last December we traveled to the UK to spend Christmas with family but this time round we’ll be meeting our cousins here in America and when we all get together it’s some serious fun. I’m looking forward to all the laughter, our singing sessions and lots of wine! And when it comes to wine there’s one brand that shares a similar philosophy of family values and has consistently been a favorite. I’ve enjoyed Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines for years and they were kind enough to send me their gorgeous Merlot and Red Moscato for this event. While I’m looking forward to grilling some lamb chops( with some rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper) to enjoy with the Merlot, the recipe I have for you today pairs really well with the Red Moscato. Want to see if Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines are available in your area? Click here.
If you know me, you know that I love spicy foods and kebabs are my all time favorites. They’re imperative to my holiday appetizer menu and my guests love them. Like these Lemon Chicken Kebabs or my succulent Chicken Shami Kebabs. I can’t seem to get enough of kebabs and find them irresistible. They’re also super easy to make and appeal to every palate with their robust flavor. The Indian Subcontinent is blessed with multifarious kebab delicacies and each one has its own unique flavor pattern.
My Lamb Seekh Kebabs are infused with ginger, garlic, some spices, cilantro and taste amazing. Once the mixture comes together, they’re rolled along a wooden or metal skewer and can be grilled over a bbq, in a tandoor (clay oven), in the oven, or even pan-fried until all golden and delicious. They make for an amazing appetizer or even an entrée dish if served with a pita bread and can be prepared a day in advance. Just assemble the mixture and wrap around the skewers. Grill them just before your guests arrive. The kebabs are insanely delicious and will leave your guests wanting more.
Gallo Family Red Moscato would be the perfect accompaniment to these kebabs. This vibrant medium bodied wine balances the spices in the kebabs with its sweet citrus and peach flavors with a bright red berry finish. It’s fresh, perfectly light and best served chilled. It pairs best with light cheeses, spicy foods and desserts. One of my favorites during the Holidays!
Check out some amazing holiday recipes ideas to be paired with Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines from our Sunday Supper tastemakers!They’re also featured on Gallo Family’s website.
- Bacon Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Ball from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Brie with Cranberries & Almonds from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Best Bar Nuts from Shockingly Delicious
- Lamb Seekh Kebabs from Soni’s Food
- Mediterranean Turkey Pita Bites from Magnolia Days
- Roasted Garlic Onion Dip from Food Done Light
- Roasted Cranberry Crostini from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Cheese Crostini from Fearless Dining
- Italian Hoagie Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roast Duck with Mole Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Seafood Cannelloni from Palatable Pastime
Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Bread Pudding from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chocolate Cups Filled with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Berries from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse from Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Truffles from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Panna Cotta from The Freshman Cook
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Orange Scented Whipped Cream from Recipe for Perfection
- Dark Cherry Chocolate Cheese Danish from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Plus don’t miss the Seasonal Wine Pairing Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Gallo Family is also committed to sincere causes. And you can join in the effort too. For the sixth year in a row, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with their annual Every Cork Counts™ program. They’re donating $1 for every cork submitted through their website or snail mail. All you have to do is snap a picture, or send their corks!
You can also follow Gallo Family Vineyards on social media:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure-Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.