It’s National Sunday Supper Day!! I have been with this wonderful group for the past 4 years since joining in May 2012 and it has been an amazing journey!Sunday Supper is committed in their mission to bring back Sunday Supper around the family table in every home.You can also take the Sunday Supper pledge by clicking on this link.Our founder Isabel is a very inspiring woman with the way she has led and continues to lead our group. It has been a pleasure to share over 70 recipes for our Sunday Supper and I’m looking forward to many many more!!This day is even more special since we’re partnering with Idaho® potatoes in creating some delectable Poutine-Inspired recipes to celebrate our four-year anniversary!!Wait till you see the line-up we have for you!
You know that I love potatoes!My recipes using potatoes are far too many to share here but I particularly loved using Idaho® potatoes in my Indian Spiced Potato Pastry Shells and they’re always popular with our guests. Idaho® potatoes’ Russet Potatoes are my favorite and I use them in most of my potato recipes.Idaho® potatoes have a unique taste and texture due to ample mountain-fed irrigation and rich Volcanic soil. Look for the “Grown In Idaho” seal to get top quality Idaho® potatoes in your grocery stores.
I loved this Poutine Challenge thrown at us by Idaho® potatoes and decided to give my own Indian-Inspired spin on Poutine. Poutine is classic French Canadian dish of fries, cheese curds and gravy that I first tasted in Montreal.It was to die for! It has now gone global with chefs creating their own versions in different parts of the world! For today’s recipe I’ve come up with a savory spicy paneer tikka served over some garlicky roasted Potatoes that have been sliced and coated in warm aromatic spices like cumin and garam masala. I’ve made an Indian masala sauce to drizzle over these beauties and I have to tell you that they’re absolutely phenomenal!
Paneer is an Indian cheese that’s easily available these days at your local grocers or if you’re lucky to have Indian grocers nearby. You can also make it at home following this recipe. The paneer is cubed and marinated in yoghurt and some spices for a few hours to soak the deliciousness and then grilled until nice and golden. The potatoes are coated in a spice mix and roasted in a preheated oven and deliciously crispy. Indian masala sauce consisting of onions, tomato, spices and cream is drizzled over the assembled poutine bites and the robust flavors tease your palate like none other. The contrasting flavors from the smoky paneer tikka on top of the crispy spicy potatoes smothered in a slightly sweet and rich creamy sauce is pure joy! Enjoy!
For more information about Idaho® potatoes visit their:
More Creative Poutine Recipes from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!!
- Chicken and Waffles Poutine from Life Tastes Good
- Hashed Browns Poutine Cups with Egg Scramble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Southern Sausage Breakfast Poutine from Magnolia Days
- Beefy Beer and Red-Eye Gravy Poutine from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Poutine on Potato Waffles from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Mini Pizza Poutine from Flavor Mosaic
- Creamy Avocado Bacon Poutine Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Indian Spiced Roasted Potatoes with Green Chutney from kimchi MOM
- Loaded BBQ Roast Potato Poutine from The Weekend Gourmet
- Loaded Crab Poutine from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Paneer Tikka Potato Poutine Bites from Soni’s Food
- Poutine Bites with Bacon, Broccoli, Cheddar and Caramelized Onion from Shockingly Delicious
- Beef Rendang Poutine Burger from Brunch-N-Bites
- Crispy Potato Shrimp Poutine with Stir Fry Vegetables from Food Done Light
- Gnocchi Poutine with Fenneled Curds and Gravy from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Greek Chicken Poutine from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Poutine Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Portuguese Poutine from Family Foodie
- Spicy Poutine Potato Skins from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Top Sirloin Steak with Crumbled Bleu Cheese, Buttered Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine Gravy from Crazy Foodie Stunts
Plus: Poutine Variations for National Sunday Supper Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Help us celebrate National Sunday Supper Month by entering the Idaho® Potato Let’s Poutine recipe contest, sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission, with prizes of $500, $200 and $100, plus a ticket for each winner to Food Wine Conference 2016. All the rules and conditions for entry can be found on our Sunday Supper Movement website.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday!We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board..To see some amazing Potato Recipes featuring Idaho® Potatoes check out our Idaho® Potatoes Pinterest Board!
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.