Summer is the time to be outdoors!Glorious days with gleaming sunshine, the perfect excuse to go for a hike, a trip to the beach or a picnic.Add some good food and wine to the mix and its a party!Talking of picnics and July being the ‘National picnic month’ we’re partnering with Gallo Family Vineyards in pairing some delectable picnic recipes with their amazing selection of wines that also come in mini bottles!
I adore picnics. Especially in this day and age when digital screens have sabotaged our lives, it’s a great way to enjoy outdoors and appreciate nature in all its glory. We’re blessed to have some lovely picnic areas in our vicinity. Our favorite though is our community park that has a beautiful picnic area overlooking the lake with ample amount of picnic tables and bbq pits. Kids look forward to playing their favorite games while packing their favorite sports equipment and I’m totally focused on the food to pack. We’re big on flavor and spice over here and I love a nice mix of vegetarian/meat appetizers along with cold salads, sandwiches, fruits, dessert and drinks for our picnic. We typically go as a group with our friends and divide the menu. Nothing like a beautiful day spent in the sun sipping your favorite drink, enjoying the food, fun, games and laughter with friends.
When it comes to the drinks menu, wine ranks high on my list!I’ve enjoyed Gallo Family Vineyards’ Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio for years but when they sent me these cute little mini bottles of Pink Moscato I was thrilled!How convenient!Its the perfect little size to carry to any outdoor event and I’m sure the wine lovers are with me on this one!I had an option to choose from their selection of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Moscato, Pinot Grigio, Pink Moscato, Pinot Noir, Red Moscato or White Zinfandel and I chose the fruity Pink Moscato since it pairs well with Spicy food.
Thai food is in high demand in my family and it’s served on our table almost every week.Like these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps or my Thai Red Curry Chicken!For our event I decided to make these amazing Thai Spiced Chicken Meatballs that my kids love with a luscious Peanut Sauce!The meatballs have the earthy flavors from the lemongrass, galangal and spices like cumin and coriander in the red curry paste.My kids even help me shape the meatballs.So much fun!The meatballs taste delicious and its always a great way to get kids to enjoy different flavors.The smooth peanut sauce rich with peanut butter and coconut milk has a subtle hint of the spices from the red curry paste and just the right amount of sweetness .The meatballs dunked in the sauce is a harmonious blend of flavors in your mouth with the spicy, sweet and sour all coming together.
Gallo Family Vineyards’ Pink Moscato or the White Zinfandel would complement these meatballs beautifully.The Pink Moscato has lovely aroma of citrus and peach with hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms on the palate.Its refreshing on these hot summer days and has a remarkable balance overall.Sweet and fruity with a light pink color, it’s the perfect light bodied drink with your lunch and pairs well with spicy foods or even desserts!Enjoy!
Here are some amazing picnic recipes from our Sunday Supper members!
- 10 Deviled Egg Variations by Sunday Supper Movement
- Thai Spiced Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce by Soni’s Food
Picnic Main Dishes:
- Baked or Grilled Tandoori Chicken Legs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- BBQ Pulled Pork Picnic Sandwiches by Family Foodie
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Sandwiches by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- French Ham and Butter Sandwich (Jambon Buerre) by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs by Life Tastes Good
- Italian Hoagie Style Pressed Picnic Sandwiches by Feed Me, Seymour
- Kimbap (Korean ‘Sushi’) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Picnic Sandwich Torte by Palatable Pastime
Picnic Salads and Sides:
- BLT Panzanella Salad by Casa de Crews
- Cold Chinese Peanut Noodles by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lemon Chicken Penne Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mason Jar Salmon Nicoise Salad by Simply Healthy Family
Picnic Sweets and Desserts:
- Banana Pudding Cups by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Blueberry Peach Snack Cake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar by Desserts Required
- Simple Strawberry Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Southern Fried Apricot Hand Pies by Magnolia Days
These recipes are also featured on Gallo Family Vineyards’ website.
To find out if Gallo Family Wines are available in your area click here.For more information on Gallo Family Wines visit their website.
Follow Gallo Family Vineyards on social media:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.