Its Father’s Day and I’m extremely lucky to be blessed with two wonderful men in my life.My Dad and my hubby , two very different individuals but without them my life would be incomplete.My Dad has been the driving force behind my love for all things food and I’ll always be grateful to him for that.His unconditional love and support in everything I do means a lot to me.My hubby has also loved and encouraged me every step of the way and I’m dedicating this post to him.He has been an amazing father to our children.Right from the very beginning he has been a very hands-on Dad and has had no qualms about changing their nappies as many times as required!He has taken-up all his Daddy duties quite happily and actually enjoys it.He’s been wonderful with both our kids and his love for them is evident all the time, every time.He loves to play with them,act silly with them,just enjoys his time with them!If he sees me busy with my blog stuff he makes sure to take them out so that I can finish off my work peacefully!Seriously, I couldn’t have asked for a better father for our kids!
Today I’m making a dish that he is very fond of.Its the Couscous Tabbouleh!I recently discovered Tabbouleh on Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa” on Food Network and immediately decided to try it.Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern Salad traditionally made with Bulgar wheat, but you can also substitute Couscous or Quinoa or even Orzo!Its a light and healthy salad bursting with flavors from the Parsley, Mint,Cucumber and Tomatoes.It can be adapted to suit your own taste and you could also add nuts and dried fruits to the mix.I love to add dried Sweetened Cranberries in mine.My hubby absolutely loves it and cannot get enough of it lately I’ve made this dish many times these past few weeks along with my Grilled Chicken for an easy weeknight dinner!
Its a great salad for a potluck since it can be prepared ahead of time.In fact it tastes better if it sits in the refrigerator for some time for the flavors to blend.Its got the crunch, the tang,the sweetness and the mint compliments the parsley beautifully to balance the flavors.A great tasting summer salad you’ve got to try!
Wishing all the Dads a ‘Very Happy Father’s Day ‘!
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill ! by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad ~ Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Zabaglione with Fresh Berries by My Other City By the Bay
- Richest-Ever Chocolate Pound Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Cracker by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Sunday Supper is not only a movement, but our contributors have become more like a family. Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing families in this group! Without your love for family, the Sunday Supper Movement would not be what it is today. May you enjoy a day filled with love Around the Family Table!
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.